Wednesday 9 March 2016

My New Tattoo

At this point it's pretty obvious to all who know me that I really love Harry Potter. 
I could go into great detail about why I love it and all the various bits and pieces of props I own as a result of this but instead I want to talk about why it was my obvious choice for my latest tattoo.


The symbol of the Deathly Hallows stands for the Cloak of Invisibilty, the Ressurection Stone and the Elder Wand, 3 Hallows that when combined, make one the master of Death. 

It's a very common tattoo amongst Harry Potter fans which was part of the charm for me, its instantly recognisable to Potterheads but most importantly its reference to Death and the idea that one can greet it well prepared and without fear is an idea that's comforting to me after dealing with certain losses in my family .

I also love this as a tattoo because it's so simple. I'm not a fan of colour tattoos so this is something nice and basic to wear on my wrist thats not too in your face .
Definitely looking forward to showing this one off, even though this is now my third tattoo, the rest  are on my back so I don't really get to look at them so it's nice to get reminded of Harry Potter everytime I see it. 

Let me know what you think and feel free to share any Harry Potter tattoos you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment