Tuesday 9 July 2013

Fun at 21!

I wanted to do a post on the 1st of July but things have been a little hectic so that post is currently sitting in my drafts waiting for its moment. This is just a little catch up of things that have been going on since my last post.

So I've had a bit of a build up to my 21st what with london, kings of leon and stuff but this week was my actual birthday!! I turned 21 on July the 4th and celebrated in a few different ways.

On the 3rd I had a dinner at Tony Macaroni with friends from work along with some others which was great! My family had got some decorations set up in the restaurant for my arrival and the meal was lovely as well as the company. Was nice to spend a night having a responsible meal, a massive contrast to previous years when I've thoroughly enjoyed being able to drink legally and had to endure the consequences!

On July the 4th I turned 21! It was a very laid back day with family and a quiet trip to the pub with my dad in the evening before me and a friend headed out for a few drinks and a free bottle of champagne (resulting in the worst hangover I have had in a long time!) My friends had warned me for ages that at 21 the hangovers got a million times worse but I thought they were just joking!

I got some wicked presents as well, my sister got my an Alexander McQueen scarf which I cannot stop picking up and trying on with various jackets and I also got some traditional little mementos to mark the occasion. My sisters boyfriend also got me a River Island purse to replace my current and rather tatty looking one that I've had since I was 13 so that was much appreciated.

The arrival of my birthday also brought with it a heatwave!! So on the 7th the family packed our bags and headed to Blackpool for two days of sun and walking about the pier with ice creams. I got quite a bit of sun while I was there and have in fact managed to burn my shoulders but I had a great time walking on the beach and seeing all the sights. While we were there we also got to sit in various pubs and watch Andy Murray lift the Wimbledon Grand Slam Singles title which was great to see and enjoy with the atmosphere of those in the pub with us! There were quite a few other Scottish people nearby so we had a great chat with them too.

The last few days have just been spent in the garden reading in the sun as the hot temperatures continue but I'm now starting to get really into my uni research for next year so I'll be putting up a post about the process I go through when making up a collection pretty soon as well as a bunch of books I find influential in the decision making process.

So yeah it's been a rather relaxed week but tomorrow I have to go back to work and it's also high time I got back in the gym. Should hopefully start a few clothing blog posts as well to add a little diversity soon! Hoping to persuade my sister to take them for me every so often because I don't have a tripod and would prefer to take them outside.

Hopefully my next post will be very soon because I don't like how long a gap I've left between now and my last post, I've got a few ideas going about and the draft I already have saved should be up in the next few days or so.

Anyway here are some photos from my birthday!
The Alexander McQueen scarf my little sister got me
Me with my new scarf before heading out for the day
Blowing out the birthday candles
The free bottle of cheap champagne me and Danyl got on our night out (as you can see we have very full glasses!)
My room in Blackpool
Our first night in Blackpool, heading to the arcade for some fun!
On the flying car over the arcade 
A quick sit down on the pier with Mum and Dad - this was before getting burnt 
A photo I took of people on the Pepsi Max going down the drop - it took me 5 turns of the ride going around to get this shot
A photo of South Pier in the sun as people flock to the beach to enjoy the sunshine 

No comments:

Post a Comment