Sunday 14 December 2014

New Office Setup

I am super excited today because I managed to set up my little office space about 3 weeks earlier than I initially anticipated. 

Two years ago my little sister bought this little summer house for the back garden and I've been allowed to use it as an office space after the capacity of my bedroom was seriously pushed to its limits by the amount of sewing equipment in it.

My mother is a total DIY expert so the inside is all insulated and complete with electricity, electric fireplace, table etc. You name it, I've now got it.

Sadly, because it's Christmas I'm sharing the space with a bunch of sports equipment and a dolls house we wanted out of the livingroom to make room for the tree and decoartions but right now I have enough room to set up a desk and have a heater whilst I work away watching 'When in Rome' (I had a serious craving for Olsen Twin.)

In the long term I want to use this space as a place to really focus more on blogging, I'm giving myself office hours and everything to ensure I really keep on top of posting stuff in the coming year. I'm also hoping to create a collection in the coming year, just a small one that I can try and sell off online to raise some money and get some experience of working alone to produce collections. I just feel like I have had no space in the last 6 months to really focus on design and now that I have that I want to have a good go at creating something I can be proud of, with the luxury of Youtube and movies being with me at the same time!
Decoration-wise I'm pretty happy to leave the London themed pictures up because that is very much my favourite city and once I have all of the equipment and such removed from inside here I'll be able to get the sewing machine in and all my books in and then I will do a little tour but for now here are a few photos of the little blue summer house and the office space I have set up for myself:






1. The little blue office space as seen from outside
2. A view of the desk area I've managed to set up
3. All of my pen/felt tip/pencil storage (all plastic containers come from Ikea)
4. A view of the office space behind me that is yet to be sorted and won't be until after Christmas, I'm sharing with some lovely mannequins and bird cages I managed to salvage from my work!  

1 comment: