Friday 2 January 2015

Hello 2015!!

This post comes to you from my shed/office in my back garden, It's a phenomenal start to the new year weather-wise with torrents of rain lashing against the windows but luckily I have a mass of diet cola in here and Netflix have got the year off to an amazing start with every series of F.R.I.E.N.D.S on the go!

Anyway, on the obligatory New Year post!

First and foremost a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone reading this wether they be a subscriber or a passer-by, 2014 has been the most amazing year for me with graduation, fashion week and a new job so it's gonna be tough to keep the good fortune going through 2015 (not that I'm not up to the challenge!) 

I almost want you to disregard everything I've previously posted on this blog, not because I think the posts I've previously done are bad I just feel like this is the year for this blog to really start getting some new, quality writing put into it. 

Blogging is one of my new years resolutions. 

I'm afraid 2015 has had a very mature start, I kept it pretty low-key this year and prefered the company of my Dad and the pub over friends and a loud club so I have no crazy stories to tell. I have this thing where I don't believe you can have two really phenomenal New Years in a row and as far as nights go, last years was pretty spectacular and next year I'll be spending it in England for a wedding so that's bound to be an amazing night as well. 

My resolutions are amazingly mature also! The aim right now is to get some savings behind me before the end of year and really throw myself back into designing and making clothes which is going to be a main part of this blog over the coming year after a good 6 months ignoring my sewing machine. I've also decided to take small steps towards being healthier, I'm not talking crazy dieting just more fruit and veg, a few walks a week etc, just a few things that I can stick to that'll eventually add up and make a difference to my health. 

I'm also really excited because I already have a few trips set up for 2015. At the end of January me and my family are off to Newcastle for a few days to celebrate my sisters birthday and then in March me and my sister are off down to London for a few days to see family and explore a little, I'm hoping we can go back to Levesden for the Harry Potter Studio Tour again and I am dying to see the stage production of The Lion King. 

2015 is the year of the blog, I'm buzzing to get out there and read more posts from others and commenting on everything, the plan right now is to blog every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday so I'm just hoping the content ideas keep coming so I can keep posting throughout the year. One of the most amazing things about having a blog and really sticking to it is the amazing community out there so this year is my year to make more connections and meet new people. 

So posts you can look forward to in the coming year are more beauty reviews, more advice on being a fashion technologist/visual merchandiser and hopefully I can take you along my journey of making a 20-piece collection. I'm also going to be doing more staple blog pieces you see pretty much anywhere like the old "what's in my handbag" post, just little pieces to help keep the mood light over the course of the year!

Hopefully in a years time I'll be reading this back having achieved everything I wanted to so here goes!! 
Come at me 2015!





No comments:

Post a Comment