Sunday 15 February 2015

Another Pastel Hair Product Review

So a month later and my obsession with dying my hair pastel colours hasn't let up. 
After a little research into all the ways I could dye my hair I came across a little wonder called hair chalk and immediately bought a pack off amazon for about £8.

The first thing you'll notice is the variety of colours you get with hair chalk. In this pack alone I got 24 various shades and colours with which to style my hair and they're set out in a gradient style which is really helpful because in most cases if you were to pick 4 colours beside each other you'd get really complimentary colours to put through your hair.

My personal favourite 4 colour combo in this photo is the top right 4 which are lovely purples and pinks. 

So the one thing you need to know is that hair chalk is not a permanent hair colouring process. On average if you do your best to keep it in the hair chalk should last about 48 hours and by keeping it in I mean that you do not wash your hair at the end of the day as this washes most of the colour out. 

Application
Putting hair chalk in is best done when wet, I don't know why but the chalk glides onto the hair easier and the colour is more vibrant when the hair is wet. The wetter the hair the better the result as far as Im concerned. 

In the picture below you can see what my hair looked like after I applied 6 or 7 different shades of green, grey, pink and purple. I got my sister to apply the colours to the back. 

I wouldn't be too fussy about where you apply the colour if you decide you want to do your entire head, its better to have the colours blend into one another and for it not to look like a Mcfly 5 colours in her Hair video because you want it to look as though it's natural (even though it blatantly isn't!)



Once you've applied all the colours you want and are happy with how your hair looks, blowdry it to seal the colour. If you sleep with your hair wet your pillow will be an absolute riot the next morning and your parents will not thank you!

Below was my hair after I dried it. 

Now my one criticism with hair chalk which you will probably guess from the picture is that it dries your hair out like crazy. Texture-wise it's very similar to taking talcum powder and going to town with it on your hair.
It doesn't move the same as it would normally either and if you have thick hair like mine good luck trying to get it up into a ponytail. 

However what you need to remember is that it's only really for a 24-48 hour period so it's worth it to look cool and have mermaid coloured hair. I would however advise you to use a good hair mask after and maybe don't use hair chalk on a daily basis because on the end of your hair in particular it can cause a lot of damage. 

Hair chalk is by far my favourite way so far of getting pastel hair, I like the dyes but they just don't do justice when it comes to the length they stay in your hair. At least with chalk you get variety and there's loads in a pack to last you a decent amount of time so value wise I feel this is best way to go. 

I hope this was helpful to those of you reading this who have an interest in hair chalk and pastel dying your hair, I've included a link to amazon for this product if you're interested and I'd love to hear your thoughts on hair chalk and if you've tried it yourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment