Monday 30 September 2013

Make-Up Atelier Paris Waterproof Gel Foundation Review

Hey everyone! So today's blog post is about something I seen on gossmakeupartists YouTube channel which I fell in love with immediately and that is Make-Up Ateliers Waterproof Gel Foundation.
I've mentioned on this blog a few times already that I suffer from really oily skin and as a result I've become pretty obsessed with foundations and what finishes they create on my face.
Over the past month I've switched from my Benefit foundation to a combination of a YSL and Urban Decay Naked foundation. This combination has given me the flawless full coverage appearance that I like but as the day goes on my skin gets oily again and the foundation moves about so by the time I finish and come home I just want to take it all off as soon as possible because my face looks terrible.
So I took to YouTube again to find some advice on what foundations would be good for my skin and came across this one through the video I've posted above!
 It is AMAZING!!
This foundation is 100% waterproof and is extremely full coverage. I wore it for the first time on a night out 2 days ago and when I put the foundation on I looked and felt a little bit like I had a mask on! This is because of how full coverage it is! My face was just one complete colour which looked a little mental but once you apply your bronzer and highlight etc. it really does create a flawless look.
The foundation is also completely matte and so was totally suitable for my night out since I don't like it in photographs when my skin starts to get really shiny.
The one thing I'll say that was pretty annoying about the foundation was that once you've been dancing and worked up a bit of a sweat the foundation's waterproof properties mean the sweat sits on the top of your face in little beads which is pretty unattractive. HOWEVER! because the foundation is so heavy when you wipe the sweat off, the make up remains perfectly intact!
The photo below is of me once I out my make up on.
As you can see the make up is extremely matte and it did photograph extremely well.

The other wonderful thing about the foundation is that it only cost me £30 including delivery and it arrived the very next day. Its definitely a product I will repeatedly purchase from now on as it is truly wonderful in covering up my oily skin!

A slight warning however! The foundation is so hard to get off because it's waterproof so its best to get a good make up remover specifically for waterproof products.

You can buy the foundation and other Make-Up Atelier face products here http://www.makeupatelierparis.co.uk/face-c-2.html

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. Been doing a lot of research about it. I have oily skin as well and can't wait to try it out. Only problem is so far I don't think its shipped to the US. But will do my homework on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious do you set this with powder or fixer spray? If so what do you use?

    ReplyDelete