Tuesday 5 November 2013

Urban Decay 'Big Fatty' Mascara review

Hey guys! I've finally managed to get a shot on a computer at my university so I can (at last!) do a review on the Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara!
 
A few of you who follow me will know that my last post on the Benefit They're Real mascara was a bit of a mish-mashed review because whilst it looks really good on the eyes it was a total pain to remove.
Shortly after that review I gave up using the mascara and invested instead in the Urban Decay Big Fatty.
 
So first of all I need to say that in terms of the packaging The Big Fatty doesn't look as nice as They're Real. It comes in a very basic black tube with a little design on the bottle but the They're Real looked to be of a much higher quality because of the shape and finish to the bottle. It is a really pretty product.



 
When I put the mascara on it basically had the same appearance as the Benefit product, my lashes were much longer and really fanned out which is what I like from a mascara but ONCE AGAIN it was a nightmare to get off!!
Granted that it was still a lot easier to remove than the They're Real but seriously how hard is it to get a good quality mascara that will wash off easily these days?
 
In terms of price the Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara is much more affordable than the They're Real mascara but apart from that there really isn't much of a difference between the two. Both gave my eyelashes the same look and both were a nightmare to remove at night.

 
My eye after using 'The Big Fatty'  

I'm holding onto the mascara for now due to my student budget but I'm looking to invest in a much better mascara after this one, maybe the YSL Baby doll.
 
Anyone have any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment