Friday 15 November 2013

Work Experience Weeks 2 and 3

Hey everyone!!! Christmas is coming and I'm feeing the buzz more than ever at work and on placement! Things have been getting a little crazy with the amount of business we're getting in the run up to the festive period.

Things have been going really well on my placement, last week I worked in the cash office and learnt about how the store deals with its profits and receipts and stuff, it was a lot more relaxing than the previous week with visual and was something I really enjoyed.

However, last week I got to work with the Visual department again in the run up to one of the biggest weeks for Debenhams which is our Christmas mega week which involved me prepping advertising for the stores massive discount.

It was a lot of fun but was also a lot of hard work - I think its safe to say after my two shifts with the department that Visual is something that takes a lot of energy - so we spent 4 hours doing bannering to promote the deals going on in store.

Bannering involves a lot of ladder climbing (Something I couldn't do because I'm not trained) to hang signage from the ceiling and promote add on sales for the business, I also spent a bit of time in our various window displays updating some ticketing and putting posters up.

I think that from the 3 weeks I've spent in the store doing other jobs than my usual one in the Café it's safe to say that its pretty awesome how each department contributes to the overall promotion and running of the store. I'm starting to appreciate everyone's role and hope to apply all this learning to when I finish uni and go out into the real world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment