Thursday 16 May 2013

Fashionary

I've been rather busy working to earn a little extra cash for my London trip this past week which is why I haven't posted BUT I have found a lovely little gem I want to share with you all.

FASHIONARY

Fashionary is a sketchbook that has been developed to aid a designer throughout the initial design stage and development of garments/ideas/collections. I'd seen this a few months back and thought it would be a good thing to promote but I wanted to buy one first to see for myself just how good it is!

I bought a Fashionary Sketchbook to help me with my development into next years collection-something that I've only just started to think about- and it is really great. Besides all of the wonderful specification examples, measurement charts and other important dates it holds, each page has a light outline of either male/female templates which means ideas can be drawn onto the page proportionally accurate straight from the off.

Last year I spent ageeees trying to develop templates that I could then draw sketches onto but that isn't really necessary for sketchbook work, whilst I done my sketchbook I was having to trace around basic templates which was so time consuming (and frustrating if you have a great idea in your head that you want to get on paper!)

Fashionary don't only supply sketchbooks though, they also allow you to buy little memo pads which have a single template or garment on them. These memos are going to be my next purchase as they are ideal to draw full collection outfits on and then put onto a moodboard to convey your ideas in presentations. They all look extremely professional too!

Here are a few examples of some of the specification sheets in the Fashionary:



In terms of my collection next year I'm unsure what direction I want to take and what garments I'd like to tackle, a big part of me wants to produce a line of gowns, the other side of me wants to produce a very 90s inspired grunge-like collection but there's all sorts of other themes bouncing about as well which are equally diverse and making it impossible to decide!!

I'm hoping to enjoy another week or so just brainstorming these ideas before getting down to the nitty gritty but this Fashionary Sketchbook has me all excited about the development process already! Definitely the best idea I've found in relation to fashion sketching in a while!

Fashionary is also great as it isn't bank breaking, as their prices are in $ it only costs about £19 before shipping and such so it is a great bargain considering all that you get in it.

For more information about this great project or to buy your own Fashionary-http://fashionary.org/
Photos aren't my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment