Wednesday 1 May 2013

Collection Hand-In

At last! I can finally put my collection behind me, don't get me wrong I loved the experience but the past 12 weeks have been intense as I've battled with some methods of design that I had never tried before.
My two best friends agreed to be my models as well so they were a fantastic support system throughout my presentation and were such good sports considering one of them had a massive cut out between her boobs!

The theme behind the collection was the opening ceremony of the Olympics where you saw agricultural Britain being taken over by the Industrial revolution but I wanted to translate that onto garments.

The clothes themselves are predominantly black and green with various structures and textures on them to help convey the idea that structures are taking over a green landscape.

All in all I'm happy with what I ended up with in the end, some of the jersey fabrics caused problems as it's easy to pull them out of shape and the dress created a lot of sewing issues because of how complicated its silhouette is but the whole scenario was a learning experience.

Tomorrow I hope we get the brief and theme for next years collection so I can get started on it as soon as possible because  have a bunch of ideas going on in my head that I finally want to get down on paper!

Anyway here's the final collection which includes:
-black cotton drill trousers with black ric rac detail
-green and black crepe shirt
- black gabardine and cotton drill dress with ric rac detail
-black stretch jersey crop top
-green and black stretch jersey bralette
-green stretch jersey skirt
-black satin stretch leggings
-black leatherette cage skirt










1 comment:

  1. nice pictures <3 your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete