Wednesday 21 August 2013

August - The Crazy Month

So I feel really bad because my August posts have really not been as frequent as my previous months work, this is because we've been really short staffed at work so I've been working 3x the amount of shifts I usually do.

I currently have a really lengthy post in my drafts about the process I go through to come up with a collection which I'm really excited to get out there but I still need to finish a few things and take a couple of photos, hopefully it will be up in the next week.

So this post is just a little catch up with what's been happening this month, I've been busy coming up with concepts for my collection next year and have been given the go-ahead to pursue a collection because I really had no desire to write a dissertation for my finals.

Apart from that I've been keeping in contact with my mentor that works at TopShop and been trying to work out a few new things that I can put onto this site. Hopefully there will be a few reviews and a couple of interviews that I can post. I'm also wanting to write a piece about the TopShop unique brand after having a look at their clothes and visiting a few of the girls when I was down in London.

So yeah, I promise that I will get another two blog posts up before the end of the month because I really wanted to aim for at least 5 month.

I'm also thinking of branching out my blog to include a few beauty and fitness posts. I've recently become obsessed with make up again, for the past couple of months I've been more concerned with skin care after my serious break out a few months ago an have shyed away from putting too many products on my face during the day but my friend Katie works for Benefit and has got me back into loving the stuff.

I've also been following a few amazing girls on YouTube who do fantastic reviews on products which has also got me really excited to buy a few new products at the end of the month.

So yeah that's why I've been a bit preoccupied the past month but I promise that once I take a few photos, send a few e-mails and university starts up the content and regularity of the posts on this blog is going to be much more frequent.

There's also a plan to purchase an adjustable mannequin to help me with working from home next year. Hopefully once I have this I will be able to do some YouTube tutorials and the like to help people who also want to be pattern cutters.

I'm very excited to share it with you all!!

Here are a few photos from my Instagram this month, they much better sum up what I've been doing that's actually productive!
 Katie returned from university so we went out in Edinburgh to blow off some steam! My rather flawless make up was down to her!
 The 'I've had a horrible week' boxset. I've had a precious two days off and this was how I done my research for my collection. Elle Woods has inspired me to take pal Nicola to get our nails done after payday!
 The result of my new make up, this look I tried before work!
 The bedroom has taken a serious beating recently due to me never being in the house!
 A 5am photo of me at Katies house before we completed an 18 hour Harry Potter marathon
 Me, Zak and Jason at the Hearts vs Parick Thistle game
 A picture of me after work where I found a man allowing people to take photos with some owls to raise funds for a sanctuary. 
 Some university work for collection next year.


My newest nightime skin routine from Katie, this includes some Liz Earle and a small sample of Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum.

No comments:

Post a Comment