Tuesday 27 August 2013

They're Real! - Mascara Review

So the blog has had a little revamp and I've finally figured out how to separate my posts into their respective categories! Which means that people can finally navigate my blog a little easier as well as allow me to cover a more broad range of topics.
 
So this is a little beauty post I've been meaning to write for a little while now.
A good friend of mine works for Benefit and speaks very highly of them. As I've mentioned before I work in a department store and we stock Benefit in our beauty hall.
 
Now I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really care much for make up these past few years, I mainly used brands available in drug stores such as Rimmel and Collection 2000. This is mainly because they are cheap and easily accessible but recently my interest in beauty vlogs on YouTube has grown with the likes of 'gossmakeupartist' and 'SaturdayNightsAlrite' providing me with weekly tutorials on foundation routines and eye looks.
 
So the obsession has grown and my first foray into high end make up began with a Benefit Foundation (much to the delight of my friend) but what I want to talk about in this post is the They're Real! Benefit Mascara.

So I've had a crazy amount of mascaras over the years but nothing quite like this. I'll be the first to admit that it does what it boasts. With a few applications your eyelashes achieve a much longer, fanned-out look that every girl wants. I like wearing the product most days because it makes the eyes appear much bigger which is fantastic when you've had an early start for work and haven't quite woke up yet...
 
HOWEVER!
 
This mascara is an absolute demon to get off at night! Usually I can get in the bath, get some water on my fingers and rub my lashes, thus ridding them of most of the product very easily. Most of my mascaras have had the advantage of easy removal but this one is like tar. It takes some serious abrasion to get the product off which can damage the very fragile skin under the eyes. I always try and avoid this because no-one wants premature wrinkles!
 
To sum up the product I must say it does create amazing lashes but I probably won't repurchase purely because of the thickness of the formula. There are other ways of creating volume without having to resort to the heavy rubbing of the eyelashes at the end of the day. Whilst cleansing lotions and the like can make it easier to remove this mascara I would much rather go without the hastle.
 
My next mascara purchase will be the Big Fatty by Urban Decay.
 
 
 
 My eyes after using the They're Real Benefit Mascara

4 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this mascara, it's nice to finally see an honest review! Please check out my blog. i recently starting blogging http://shrinkingviolla.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! thanks for the reply I've given your blog a follow :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the review! The mascara looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete