Wednesday 9 October 2013

Week 3 and 4

Things are well and truely underway with collection, my mentor has put me and some friends into support groups to ensure that we all help support each other over the year and I have to say it is such a nice thing to be a part of.

My workload has started to increase 10 fold. I've just this second bought two books on amazon to help with strategic management and am sat here doing my collection research sketchbook! It's very exciting to finally be moving forward with everything.

I'll be putting up a few pictures of my sketchbook on Friday to show you how I approach research for my collection, so far it's been much more in depth than what I've done in previous years and it's a long day having to do it all for hours and hours. Luckily I have series 2 of Game of Thrones to keep me going.

My other classes are getting fairly gritty as well! There's a lot of talk in strategic management of Hermes and Mark Jacobs, Mulberry and M&S as we look at their strategies of expansion into new market etc. In international trade issues we look at the Chinese are their rapid growth over the last few decades which is a fascinating subject. I've managed to pick up a few books on those subjects too so hopefully all the reading will pay off when exam time comes!!

I've got a few more beauty posts I'd like to do next week , I'm sorry I've not posted as much since September began but the workload really is starting to mount!!


No comments:

Post a Comment