Saturday 14 March 2015

Get the Look - My Night in Hamilton

So last weekend I went out with a friend to Hamilton which is just outside Glasgow to let my hair down because I haven't actually had a proper night out since the staff Christmas night (Last year!) Honestly I've no idea how that happened, usually I'm out at least once a month. 

So I went all out, me and my friend Melly left work and-because it was payday-ran straight for the shops, I got myself a whole host of new drugstore makeup which I used to create this evening look, there's also some of my trusted higher end products thrown in (to see some of the stuff I bought look at the post in my MARCH folder.)

 It took me 2 hours to do my makeup because I was so keen to look awesome for my first night out of the year and it's been so long since I've done a full face of contouring and all the rest of it. Since I loved this look so much I've decided to share with you what I used to create it. 

Now all of these products are available in the UK and the newer drugstore products I bought were all from Superdrug because Melly decided to go in and get her brows done which lead to me browsing the shelves and ultimately a lot of unplanned purchases.

So here we go! 

First of all I primed my skin with Maybelline 8-in-1 BB cream. I love this primer, it's for oily skin which is great, it stops my skin getting shiny and is really durable plus it doesn't feel cakey. 
My holy grail foundation, honestly the staple to my evening looks, again, super durable and non, cakey on my face. Couldn't rave about this enough so for this sake of keeping this blog post short I'll stop. 
Urban Decay Powder, I like this powder but it's nothing I can't get from a drugstore brand. It keeps my face matte and the only reason I had this particular powder instead of any others is because I like the size of the mirror in it for when I'm out and want to check my make up without having to get up and go to the bathroom. 
My freshly bought Make Up Revolution baked highlighter. One of the best highlighters I own, totally affordable and really pretty on the sin when applied right. Packaging is also tough so I won't need to worry about this smashing on a night out. In the photo I've applied it just under the brows and on the upper cheeks. 
New Make Up Revolution Bronzer. This has been applied all over the face bar under my eyes because I like that area to be paler and more contoured. I didn't use this bronzer to contour my forehead and cheeks though, just as an overall cover to make me look that little bit darker because my double wear is quite a pale shade. 
My Beautiful brows palette. My Go-to eyebrow powder, used this everyday since I got it about a year ago, As you can see after a years use I still have loads left and it comes with stencils that I no longer use and it's own highlighter and application brush. 
Make Up Revolution gel pen liner. Loved using this on my eyes for this occasion, got a really precise line thats to its double end with a thick and thin nib for applying the product to my face. I had a really similar product from Maybelline but this is cheaper and much better to use. 
Roller Lash Mascara by Benefit. There's a review of this on the blog in my MARCH folder so go see that and you'll see why I love this. This particular night was my first ever time wearing it although in the above photo I've applied lashes over them. 

For my eyeshadow I used 3 palettes, the chocolate palette was used for my base, crease. I've lost the sheet that tells you what the colours are so I'll just say top row big eyeshadow for base. Second row 1st shadow for my crease blended upwards and the 1st row, 3rd eyeshadow to deepen the crease. 
My self-made Urban Decay Moondust palette 
The first shadow in the palette was used to take my eye look to a more nighttime look. This was applied all over the lid. 
Urban Decay Lip Liner
My Urban Decay lipstick in Shame which is my go-to lippy for a more vampy/autumnal look 

I ended up taking the black shadow from this palette and using it to deepen the outer V of my eyes after the moondust had been applied 
Finally I contoured my forehead and under my cheeks using this sleek palette which is super cheap but my absolute favourite contouring palette at the moment, as you can see it's been used an absolute tonne. 


So that's how I got the look for my night out in Hamilton, if this is the sort of thing you'd like to see more of let me know. I might even look into filming one of these because its a lot easier than just photographing the photos and telling you what I done, it'd be easier to just show you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment