Wednesday 25 March 2015

Make Up Atelier Paris - Waterproof Liquid Foundation Review

If you've been following my blog for a while you may have come across a review I done for the Make Up Atelier Paris Waterproof Gel Foundation.
(http://broonylou.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/make-up-atelier-paris-waterproof-gel.html)

I was so impressed by the foundation that I've decided to try out and review their new Waterproof Liquid Foundation and luckily if you head over to the website (http://www.makeupatelierparis.co.uk/) you can buy samples for a mere £0.75!

My relationship with this brand was built entirely from the one product but after spending some time looking through the products there's actually so many different things I want to buy and I'm really impressed with how they deal with their customers.

The only problem I have is that I can never find many reviews of the products online before I decide to buy them so I'm kind of going in blind here. The benefit of that however is that it gives me a chance to take it upon myself to provide everyone else with good reviews of their products.

So here's what the company has to say about this new foundation:

Our long lasting water resistant makeup, available in a sample jar for the purpose of colour matching to your skintone. The foundation settles on the skin to a near matte finish and is almost full coverage.


First of all the sample I ordered arrived after only a few days which was great because when I order make up I get so keen for it to arrive and I hate when it takes weeks to come through the door. I think these only took 2 or 3 days to get to me and as you can see the company gave me a tester in the colour I wanted and another tester a shade darker just in case.
I love the initiative of a company to do this. If you buy a tester in the wrong shade it can be easy to just give up and move onto something else, especially when the brand can only be bought online and you have to spend days waiting on it arriving so they try and stop this from happening by providing a second option to ensure that you find what colour matches you and ensure you buy the full sized product.

Now, onto the foundation itself. I used the lighter shade of the two testers they gave me, colour FLW2B and the shade actually matched me really well. I'm really pale and therefore tend to just go for the lightest colour offered in any foundation range/brand and this seemed as close to my natural skin colour as possible on the site.
My skin before. As you can see I have a few red spots and blemishes at the moment but nothing too crazy.
And my skin after!

As you can see the foundation has really good coverage which is consistent with the old gel foundation I had from them before and is extremely matte looking. These photos are just of the foundation on my face, no powder so you can see that there is very little shine to it.

I really like this foundation, there isn't any smell to it and in contrast to the gel foundation it feels much less cakey on the skin. I've applied this with a brush and then used a beauty blender over it to give a nice even finish and I'm happy with how it sits on my skin. It provides a really good base for the rest of my make up and after wearing it for a few hours I found it to hold up really well.

I would suggest this to anyone wanting to try out Make Up Atelier. The gel foundation was something I was dying to have because I was sick of getting shiny skin after a few hours of applying make up and this is a much more ...daily foundation in that it does the same thing without the thickness that the gel had. The gel was a nightmare to remove due to its thickness and this is much easier as well so you don't have to fight with it at the end of every day.

This is how the product appears on the website. It's packaging is nice, I've always liked being able to see the shade and most importantly it comes with a pump so you're not going to end up using more than you need and having to somehow spread the foundation all down your neck to try and stop it looking cakey (I've committed this sin before and I speak from experience.) I also like the silver around the top of the tube but the clear top puts me off, I manage to break to many of these and hate seeing all the foundation smeared around the pump after a few uses. I wish this was silver to like the Urban Decay foundation bottles you can get.

Price wise this foundation comes in at a very affordable £22 which is great considering that the gel is now priced at £28 so it's worth the price for a well-performing product that you can wear daily both to worth or a night out. To put it into perspective the NARS brightening concealer is £22 and you're getting way more product with this.

On payday I'll definitely be placing the order for mine and what's even better is that the cost of postage for the samples can be redeemed and taken off the price of a full bottle so you don't lose out on any money due to testing the product first. It's little things like that which make me really like Make Up Atelier Paris as a whole, they are really considerate towards the customer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment