Thursday 5 March 2015

Mascara Review - Benefit Roller Lash

Woo! Another mascara review! Yes my addiction to all things lash lengthening is still as rife as ever so it's just as well Benefit have decided to grace their counters with a new mascara for me to own!

Now I'll admit when I heard that they were bringing out a new mascara I was totally confused. 'They're Real!' was a huge success. I don't know a single beauty guru on YouTube who didn't review the mascara and it is a personal favourite for myself as well. 

First thing you'll notice about the mascara is the packaging. It's not as sleek looking as 'They're Real!' but it is a really pretty looking canister. The top (I believe) is meant to look like a hair roller to fit in with their campaign describing the mascara as a means of getting flirty, fluttering and curled lashes without the need for actual eyelash curlers themselves. 

Personally I like the packaging, whilst it is slightly bulkier on the lid than 'They're Real' it's easy to hold and apply mascara with plus it totally fits in with Benefit's aesthetic. Most of the products they produce have a quirky theme running through them to help marketing.

I hadn't tried a sample of this before buying it so I had no idea what to expect but the first thing I noticed with this product is that the formula inside the tube feels quite thick. After you apply the mascara you start to understand why this is. The wand curls your lashes and the formula holds the lash at that angle, creating the "no need for an eyelash curler" look. 

Below are photos of my eye before and after applying the mascara so I'll let you judge for yourself! 
Apologies for my eye being slightly red but you get the idea!

I actually love this mascara and probably more than 'They're Real' if I'm being honest with you, if you look at the outer part of my eye in both pictures you can see that the lashes are definitely more curled. I've used this mascara everyday since I got it and I don't find that it can smudge onto my upper eyelid like 'They're Real!' sometimes does and whilst I find it a little hard to get off, it's easier to remove than 'They're Real' as well. Although you can of course use the Benefit 'They're Real' remover and save yourself having any problems removing either of the mascaras.

Overall this is a fantastic addition to the Benefit mascara range. Whilst I was confused at first about why Benefit had decided to add another mascara to their range when their existing products were doing so well it's now clear that this is a product that can stand on it's own and works in a completely different way.

Gonna be hard to top this mascara!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment