Saturday 14 March 2015

IKEA Purchases

My room hasn't been properly finished for years, partly due to me being at Uni and therefore only in the house on evenings but since graduation I've been more and more keen to ditch all my miss matched furniture and do the place up so it looks like a fashion student actually lives there. 

Until this weekend my room has vibrant plastic drawers on one side which held all my make up, the other side had a broken set on wide drawers that were missing a front and therefore showed off all my clothes to people who came over AND due to the crazy amount of stuff I brought home from Uni when I left, I had storage boxes on top of pretty much every surface. It was a grim looking room.

With my first full-time paycheck I bought a hardwood closet from my work at a totally bargain price which was a stroke of luck and I'll take that with me when I eventually move out but that solved a lot of storage problems in my room.

Last month I got a new bed for myself which was all white and had a spare single bed-frame underneath for guests but right now is also used as a storage rack for the plastic boxes I have in my room. 

This weekend I got rid of all my broken furniture, my bright plastic drawers and went to IKEA so sort out my life and I got some lovely new white furniture.

A bedroom is your personal space so you want it to reflect you as a person and in the recent months I've craved simplicity and straight lines so I got myself a nice new make up drawer set and some new bookshelves to get everything off my floor and up onto the walls. 




Above is the top of my new make up vanity drawers. This is the MALM 6 drawer set and it is gorgeous! It has a stunning top that lifts up with a mirror on it and is ideal for doing my make up in the morning before work. 

This picture and the one below are actually to show off that I finally got myself the stunning vanilla candles IKEA sell, honestly invest in these if you love candles they smell AMAZING! I also really wanted some artificial flowers for my room because sadly I have bad hayfever and can't tolerate real ones. So I found these lovely lily flower and a sleek vase to display them in.
Below are the 6 KALLAX shelving units I own. I love these, they're literally so easy to throw together and you can stack them on top of eachother and they are the favourite part of my bedroom. I have an amazon addiction and love buying books so these units mean I get to see everything plus I have an obsession with looking like I have a library in my room. 

And finally here's the full view of my new make up unit. I'm going to do a post soon where I go into my make up collection and show you what I have and these drawers make it so much easier to store my make up so that'll be up later on the month. 

So that was my IKEA haul! My room definitely feels a lot more cleaner now with all the white units and crisp lines plus it all fits in with the shape and colour of my new bed. Best part of it all is I paid for it so when I move out my parents it's all coming with me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment