Sunday 16 June 2013

In my Hometown

Well I'm back in Livingston after the best week EVER in London! I'm gonna do a series of posts on it because I just won't be able to fit everything into the one post but yeah I'm back home and extremely gutted about it! I practically mumped and moaned my onto the plane because I didn't want to leave.
Today me and my family are having a massive duvet day to help us all recover. As I write this I'm currently on the couch covered in a duvet with a series of magazines by my side and the latest episode of Big Brother on the television.

I will say this though, there is a big difference between Londoners and myself. I noticed a lot that manners tend to go out the window when one is on public transport. My dad is disabled and no-one gets up and offers their seat like they do around where I live.

The masses of crowds were something I was wary of whilst I was down there because there are more people in that city that in the country of Scotland but I have to say I quickly adapted to running across roads before waiting on the traffic lights turning red and dashing between cars to make it to the Arcadia offices! It's fascinating how many different nationalities of people you see there as well when you're on a bus or tube, literally everyone wants to be a part of the 'coolness' that London has to offer! And it IS COOL! I've seen street style that is out of this world and come across chic shops full of young up and comers trying to make it in the city.Not to mention the east ends Roman Road Market and nearby Brick Lane offer fashions that are as different from the high street as the earth is from the moon.

So yeah, I've had a great time and I'm going to spend the rest of the day uploading and editing photos as that I can start the day-to-day accounts of my time down south tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment