Friday 21 June 2013

London - Day 4 and 5

This post is mostly about day 4 because day 5 was really just shopping (see the London Spree post to see what I got.) 

So! Day 4 entailed a meeting with my Uncle, Cousin, her boyfriend Dan and her son little Sam! I hadn't seen them in ages so I was so excited to get to spend the day with them. Little Sam struggled in the beginning because he was only 1 the last time I seen him so I was kinda like a stranger but we were fine after he noticed I had a bag of crisps!!

I totally never realised that the zoo was also home to the scene from the first Harry Potter film where we seen 'The Vanishing Glass' so I was buzzing as soon as I spotted that! Plus Edinburgh zoo hasn't had a reptile house for years and I'm always gutted that they don't have any weird and wonderful snakes to look at. 

The day was a load of great fun, me and Sam were glued at the hip and there were opportunities to get really close to animals which was great. Me and the family also got a nice long catch up which was long overdue so yeah... lots of fun was had! 

The only gutting thing about the zoo was that we had to leave at 5 because they close and then re-open again in the evening with bars and a tonne of food outlets to enjoy so we feel like we totally missed out on a gold ol fashioned family night! We'll need to remember that the next we're down!

I have to say that when I arrived back in Scotland I was totally gutted. I had been to London about 4 times before this trip but because I'm a little older and more independent I totally fell in love with everything you could do and all the opportunities to be had. I've actually been looking at the clock and saying to dad "this time last week we were...." a whole bunch of times so I'm definitely hoping to go back as soon as possible because I could have easily stayed there much longer last week! 

Anyway, I feel like I've gone into quite a lot of detail about my few days holiday in London so it's time to shut up and the next blog post will be back to fashion. I'll maybe post an update on my progress with next year's collection or dissertation (I'm still undecided.)

Here's a few photos of me and my family at the zoo!












My outfit to the zoo! Casual leggings, baggy top and Levi jacket
Our view from the flight home

No comments:

Post a Comment