Sunday 6 April 2014

4th year is OVER!!!!

I really must apologise, after my amazing trip to London (which I will post about soon) I came back to uni to find that it was all hands on deck in order to finish my collection.
There are no words strong enough to describe how hard the last month and a half has been for some of my class.
 
However! It has been finished and was handed in on Friday so now my 4th year is officially over in terms of there no longer being any classes.
I have a few automatic hand ins I need to complete and one exam before I graduate so apart from going in to uni for that I'm back home with family and having a well-deserved rest.
 
So looking at the collection now that it's finished I would have to be brutally honest and say that whilst I love all the detail and effort I've put into making it, I think I prefer last years work.
I also feel like last years stuff was made to a higher standard because there was much less riding on it so I wasn't as stressed out.
I think as well, because I've had to spend a whole year designing this, practicing this and then creating the final collection, I've gotten really sick of looking at it.
In the past few weeks I've had to pull several all-nighters in front of a series of The Walking Dead with nothing but my sewing machine for company but it all seems worth it now that everything has been handed in and its no longer something for me to worry about.
 
If I had to put together a survival list for 4th year fashion students it would definitely include Pro Plus, Dry Shampoo and face wipes because there are definitely mornings where time devoted to showering is nowhere near as important as time devoted to finishing that last specification sheet.
 
Here are a few photos of the finished collection, I had to do a photo shoot to accompany it as well so I'll post those later on :)






 
So that's the majority of my collection, honestly it looks just how I wanted it to but I am actually so sick of the sight of it. Only a few months left until I graduate!


No comments:

Post a Comment